Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cheeburger Cheeburger


Welcome to Cheeburger Cheeburger

I was down in Shreveport, Louisiana last weekend and my friends and I made this cute burger joint our lunch spot.

The moment I entered, I was greeted by nothing but pink. Pink walls, pink menus and a pink L-shaped counter. Bright sunlight filtered in through the curtainless-glass windows that lined the diner, filling the place with a natural glow. 

Cheeburger Cheeburger is famous for its burgers. But it's also a superb place for milkshakes because...



... you get to create your own milkshake flavor out of the dozens of existing flavors on the menu! 

How exciting is that? I love milkshakes and I went crazy when I saw the milkshake menu. Some of the flavors were delicious to the eyes... blueberry cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake, double chocolate, chocolate banana, chocolate peanut butter, oreo cheesecake. Some made me raise my eyebrows... almond, coconut cream pie, peanut butter and jelly... and some were so fruity, they could fool you into thinking they were healthier than the others... apple, watermelon, mango kiwi, kiwi strawberry

The best thing was that you could combine flavors and create your own! I decided to just go with the strawberry cheesecake. One of my friends combined the brownie batter and mocha. It turned out to be a creamy concoction of chocolate and coffee. Still yummy though. My strawberry cheesecake milkshake was so thick that I couldn't taste it through a straw. So, I gave up and used a spoon. It was pretty much like ice cream.

I had my doubts at first. Strawberry and cheesecake? What if it ended up tasting funny? But it was the most delicious milkshake I'd ever tasted. Hands down. I also found tiny strawberry chunks embedded within the creamy drink, which made it even better. Because then I knew they used real fruit. :) 


Our milkshakes and appetizers arrived before the entree. My friends and I shared the fries medley, which was a basket of peppered golden-brown fries and crispy onion rings. The fries were decent - pretty typical fries - but the onion rings were a crunchy delight!



At Cheeburger Cheebuger, you get the liberty to invent your burger from the selections of cheeses and toppings. 

I ordered the classic quarter pounder, weighing 5.5 ounces, with lettuce, sauteed mushrooms, mozzarella and mayo. I chose my steak medium-rare. Frankly, the meat was a little bland. Maybe I should've asked for it to be well-done. But it was still tasty, nonetheless. 

Unfortunately because it arrived after the milkshake and fries, I didn't have a lot of space in my stomach for the entire burger. I only managed to chomp my way through half of it. It was a pretty big burger.

Cheeburger Cheeburger holds a daily contest for its customers - whoever finishes its large 20-ounced burger gets photographed to be pinned on the diner's wall of fame. So far, the wall has been filled with photographs of men.

I can imagine the women shaking their heads and thinking, "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips. No thank you."

Apart from milkshakes, fries and burgers, the diner also serves sandwiches, wraps, melts, hot dogs, and salads. View the full menu here

Say Cheeburger Cheeburger! It's like talking with your mouth full.

Photographed and written by Carissa Gan.

No comments:

Post a Comment